H.R.3149 - Congressman's statement about employers using credit scores
Email to congressman and co-sponsors requesting information source
||National Financial Literacy Month, 2011 (video),
Myth: Employers use credit scores
- What the President said
- Credit bureaus claim that they do not provide credit scores for employment screening
- Groundhog Day, 2012
- Groundhog Day, 2011
- Credit scores in employment, Believers and Nonbelievers
- Video: Media say employers use scores (2009)
- Federal Reserve on credit scores used by employers, 2009
- Federal Reserve on credit scores used by employers, 2010
- Federal Reserve on credit scores used by employers, 2010 (one more time)
- Members of Congress say credit scores are used by employers
- Members of Congress say credit scores are used by employers II
- Members of Congress say credit scores are used by employers III
- U.S. House representative testifies employers use credit scores
- U.S. Treasury Suggests Employers Use Credit Scores
- DoD agency states it does not use credit scores for security clearances
- White House credit score requirements
- Mentions of credit scores in employment in Oregon
- Washington attorney general on what "can" and "may" happen
- FICO company warns employers use credit scores that credit reporting agencies deny providing
- TransUnion employers survey credit report question error
- Training TransUnion on credit scores, employers
- Equifax: Employers can know your credit score
- Training Equifax on credit scores, employers
- Experian: Employers use credit scores
- Training Experian on credit scores, employers
- VantageScore: Employers use credit scores
- Employers using credit scores blogger meme
- Canada Day: Reuters, FICO and the employers myth
- USA TODAY will not reveal its source
- USA TODAY will not reveal its source II
- McClatchy newspaper will not identify its sources
- AP reports legislator said employers use credit scores
- Dallas Morning News on employers using Equifax credit scores and reports
- Influence: Hearst; San Francisco Chronicle
- Influence: Tribune; LA Times
- Credit score use by employers depiction by CBS
- Influence: CBS
- U.S. PIRG fails to prove employers use credit scores
- Influence: Consumers Union
From: Greg Fisher
Sent: Friday, January 29, 2010 11:45 AM
To: Rep. Steve Cohen; Steven Broderick (Cohen)
Cc: [addresses believed to be those of House co-sponsors' communications directors], Tri-State Defender executive editor
Subject: RE: credit score, employers, HR 3149, op-ed
Now, you write, "With the unemployment rate unacceptably high, screening qualified and competent employees by their credit score only worsens applicants' chances of getting back on their feet."
What evidence suggests that employers use credit scores?
[copy of unanswered previous email]
|April, 1997: "Information on how to obtain one's credit score is suspiciously absent from your site. How do I get mine?"
"And we're not running a game show. I mean, we're evaluating risk. We're not trying to have people get--achieve the highest score."
"Fisher is a fan of going by the book and then beyond it."
"He beat the scoring proponents to the punch by scooping up the web address http://www.creditscoring.com, from which he launches often strident, sometimes wacky, but usually well-documented attacks on the credit-scoring concept and the industries that support it."
Realty Consumers Empowered By Online "Peoples" Court - "His Web site CreditScoring.com helped him-- and millions of other consumers-- extend fair credit reporting rights to credit scoring information."
"Fisher operates the www.creditscoring.com Web site, which skewers the secrecy of the credit bureaus and Fair, Isaac." - The Detroit News
"CreditScoring.com is an exceptionally-interesting site that offers news and information regarding credit scoring and--
really-- the entire credit process."
"'Garbage in, garbage out,' says Greg Fisher of Dayton, Ohio, who runs two Web sites on the subject, creditscoring.com and creditaccuracy.com."